Oh, hell... how do you spell Gak? And where did it come from? *scratches head* But I grok that it seems to mean "stolen from", right? Okay... so sue me - I'm still new to LJ-dom! I'd credit the author, but I don't know who it is... apparently it's made the rounds several times.
Anyway, first I spent a few weeks in England, and learned "the language". Then, last night I saw "Love Actually", which has an amazingly funny scene in which - just as he predicted - this loser from England finds American girls (who look like models - in Wisconsin, no less!) falling all over him because of his English Accent! They end up playing a game of "what do you call this?" - which is all the funnier because they're things we call by the same word (bottle, etc.) - but they think he's saying a different word because of the accent - eeek!
So... Let's get on to the fun, shall we? If you wish, take this quiz, and then post the blank quiz in your LJ, followed by your answers. *G*
I am a native of
1. a body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?.
2. the thing you push around the grocery store?
3. a metal container to carry a meal in?
4. the thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
5. the piece of furniture that seats three people?
6. the device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof?
7. the covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
8. carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. a flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
10. a long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
11. the piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. shoes worn for sports?
13. putting a room in order?
14. a flying insect that glows in the dark?
15. the little insect that curls up into a ball?
16. the children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
17. how do you eat your pizza?
18. the act of private citizens putting up signs and selling their used stuff
19. the evening meal?
20. the thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
Springfield, Virginia (northern VA, near DC)
2. Shopping Cart
4. Frying Pan
11. Swimtrunks (hopefully... if not... speedos - UGH!)
12. Sneakers or tennis shoes
13. Cleaning up a room
14. Lightning Bug or Firefly
15. Potato Bug or Armadillo Bug
16. Seesaw or Teeter-Totter
17. Cut it in pie-shaped pieces, pick it up, and eat it, starting with the small end.
18. Garage Sale