So there's now a show on VH1 about the 40 Greatest Internet Superstars. The montage at the beginning shows some of our faves, like the "We Love the Mooooooooon!" video. But I havn't seen too many of these before - have you?:
- Skateboarding Boxer (dog)
- Gem Sweater Woman
- Tron Man
- The guys who release fountains of soda using Mentos and Diet Coke (pretty cool!)
- The guy who took a photo of his face everyday for six years
- Ask a Ninja
- Red paperclicp guy
- MySpace Tom (?) ("even if you're a loser, you'll have a friend in Tom" *ggl*) Oh, my - they showed some good pics of him and he's cuuuuuuute!!!
- OK GO - Okay, theis, of course, I have seen! Can you believe it's only been since Summer 2006? But they're giving the treadmill video the credit, when everbody knows they were famouse before then. *sigh* Whoa... it had a million and a half hits the first day!
- Chinese Backstreet Boys
The dog used to bark whenever a skateboarder went by, so the owners let him try one when he was a year old - and he was a natural! (the secret is, he skateboards by the beach, and runs into the sand to stop - *G*).
The Mentos and Diet Coke gag took months to figure out, and days to prepare for, and was done in one shot.
The red paperclip - the big jump to a house happened this way: Corbin Benson (the actor) collects snow globes (!). He heard about this guy doing the trading, and that he had traded up to a KISS snowglobe, so he offered him a movie role in exchange for it. And a town in Canada offered the guy a HOUSE in exchange for the movie role (which I think they then raffled off)!