It's late, so this is just a quick note to let you all know that:
1) I did make the standby flight, and got into Burbank about noon
2) I ran into lots of familiar faces, which was great, and I registered, but I didn't go to an of today's events because I
3) Took a cab at 5:30 with voontah to the Hotel Cafe in LA (on Hollywood and Cahuenga), where we were practically the first ones there
4) Got in at 7 pm for Billy's 11 pm concert (they had a different band every hour - very nice, really!)
5) And found out that you COULD bring in a pro camera and use it as long as you didn't use flash (HALLELUJAH! NIRVANA!)
6) So I left after the first act and took a cab back to Burbank to the hotel to fetch my good camera, and
7) Got back in time to catch 1 1/2 acts, and then BEECAKE!!!
Billy and the band were in fine form. He wore pretty much the same outfit as they did in the TV clip, I think (vest, shirt with rolled up sleeves, gray/black pants or jeans), his hair looked good (yes, this IS important! *L*), and they sounded just great. The place was full of fangirls, but, really, it felt like a regular concert; we were very well-behaved (no "I love you Billy!" screams or anything like that). They did "Rip it Up" to start, did several more originals, did "Drunk" by WWS, and ended with "Soul Swimming". No "Kick the Door", though.
I did it! I finally got to hear Billy sing in person, AND I got to take photos with my good camera! *dies* I took about 300 shots, so it will be quite some time before I get through them and "fix" them up. But it all went well; the rest of the Con is "icing" for me.
Hope you're all doing well!
Best Wishes from ORC,