First of all, anybody eager to see the commercial with Elijah can find it right here, as pointed out by the lovely saranet:
It's even longer than the one I saw! *G*
And zoniduck found the answer to the mysterious "changing of the Friends format" that happened to me - and probably to anybody else who was using the default. The full story is here, along with how to change back!: http://community.livejournal.com/lj_maintenance/112534.html
And, finally, what have I been up to lately? I'll put that under an lj-cut, so as not to put my whole list to sleep... *G*:
Not much! Been writing up lists of things to do, then sleeping away the days... mmmmmmmm. Hey, what can I say? I like to sleep! But I do need to get a bit more productive. Here's what I HAVE done:
- Started a course at the local art center on advanced digital photography, which will help me get more conversant with Adobe Photoshop and studio lighting
- As a result of which, I've bought a new laptop with 2 Gb of RAM, and the new CS2 version of Adobe Photoshop (which, apparently, needs that extra ooomph of RAM to work well)
- And am now shooting in RAW, to see if its benefits outweigh its downsides
- Signed up for a weekend workshop on portraiture with natural and studio lighting (in April)
- Am checking out local parks to find someplace I can indulge my fetish for nature photography and actually find something to photograph
- Started attending meetings of local camera club
- Went to see if young blackfaced lambs were worth photographing (they aren't), and am going to photograph wolves this Saturday at nearby Wolf Park (cross your fingers and hope for dry, cool, lightly overcast weather, and puppies!!!)
- Have continued on Seattle Sutton (diet); have made a few small repairs around the place; have contacted friends I haven't contacted in ages; have kept up (a bit) with folks from work; have sent in a resume requested by a friend up in Chicago
- Have been listening to music and going to concerts, like Common Rotation, Days Awake, and KT Tunstall
What I HAVEN'T done:
- Lost weight since losing the weight I gained back in NY (too much sleeping and cheating, and not enough exercise and eating right!) - MUST change that!
- Called wedding photographers and ask if they need assistants. Also MUST do that!
- Finished my ORC pics, organized them, put up links to albums, and list on TORN (if anybody is still interested)
- Finished with all the other photo folders on my current (old) computer, including the Gaelic Storm photos I promised zanne68
- Organized the house; scraped and repainted the basement (a BIG job); seeded the backyard (bad weather)
Soooo... not doing terribly, but not doing great, either. I need to boost my energy up!