Ewan McGregor! In a Play! In London! In June! - "You didn't hear about the polar bear?"
Ewan McGregor! In a Play! In London! In June!|
USA Today says he'll be Sky Masterson in Guys and Dolls in a revival set to premiere in June in London!!!
ETA: a link from pooh here: http://www.whatsonstage.com/dl/page.php?page=greenroom&story=E8821099913075&PHPSESSID=1ad602e3d4a693e46af7d23773b0f8442
nyummy :) ... one for me!!
And for K if she sticks around after her stint at Edinburgh!!!
Did you already know about the show, where it's going to be at, when tix go on sale?
and yes indeedy ... things are lining up very nicely for Kay!
YOUR BIBLE!!! Cool!!!! *signs up*
I won't be there in June!
I leave the 28th... although, I could switch my flight... *ponders*
Yes, yes you COULD!!!! Dontcha wanna stay and sightsee for a while????
Right, if it is at the first of the month, I could do it!
I would have to find a place to stay, but posh! Ewan! The chance it too great to miss!
Now you just need to work with Jules ASAP to see about reserving a tickie... I'm sure she wants to go!
well they havent decided dates yet .. but even if the offical opening is June - chances are previews will be a good week or so prior to that.
so *fingers crossed*
- still - it's a bit of a wee trek from Edinburgh!
OOOOO!!! Previews!!! Do you think they have talks with the performers afterwards?!?!?! And drinkiepoos? And why am I talking like a 3-year-old? *G*
haahhaaa- maybe maybe ... but us mere mortals don't tend to get invited to the ones with Ewanlike presence!
but who knows :)
Yeah, when we find out dates I'll look into changing my flight.
It is a trip to get there, but I think it would be worth it.
and you do realise a place to stay is right here! :) though of course i'm not actuallY IN London itself... but close enough *meep*
I would LOVE to stay with you!
*waits for dates before she squees too much*
|Date:||November 10th, 2004 03:06 pm (UTC)|| |
Fanning other flames here...
|Date:||November 10th, 2004 03:33 pm (UTC)|| |
Re: Fanning other flames here...
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I didn't even think of a Hollywood Premiere! Thank heavens for you California folk!
Question: Will you be going to ORC?
I will be going to ORC, yes. Are you?
Debating the pros and cons...
|Date:||November 10th, 2004 07:56 pm (UTC)|| |
Random babbling from me...
What possible cons could there be besides money? And having to take time off work? And get someone to feed the pets? *smiles*
I already have someone staying with me so I can't offer you lodging. But there's plenty of other people going that need roomies. And even an LJ community and a Yahoo group that you may know about discussing this very issue.
I will be at LAX on Thursday Jan. 13 around 8:30 p.m. and again Monday around 1:30 p.m. for plane pick up/drop off. And I'm willing to go other times, as well. Or to Burbank airport (BUR) which is even closer but the flights tend to cost more.
I'm willing to aid you if you decide to attend!
|Date:||November 10th, 2004 08:14 pm (UTC)|| |
Re: Random babbling from me...
You're such a sweetie!
And now that I know I can meet you there, that adds to the "pro" list.
Actually, money, time, etc. is not a problem.
The main "cons" are these:
- I've already been lucky enough to meet all of the "hobbits", because of my trip to England last year, and I have wonderful memories of it all. I certainly don't need any more autographs! To be honest, sometimes cons aren't so wonderful - if the actors feel uncomfortable, or the attendees aren't polite, or people get rushed through lines - and I wonder which kind this will turn out to be. What's your view on the current "buzz"?
- One of great things about cons are the other fans/friends you go to experience it with, and I really don't know that many people that I know, or that I've been hoping to meet, who are going (except for you, now - *S*). On the other hand, I did tell some of the folks I know in England that I wanted to go over on Jan. 8 to see Ian McKellen, who will be playing a Dame in a pantomime in London (L*!). With the timing, I can't do both. I mean - you don't just pop over to England for a weekend! *G*
- I pretty much started going to see the LOTR folks in February 2003, with Billy in Canada, and did my last visit around that same time in 2004, with Howard Shore in Columbus; I call it my "year of the hobbits" - *L*! Perhaps that was a good time to stop?
-BILLEH!!!! (and Sean and Elijah - and I'd be very surprised if there's no Dom, if his LOST schedule allows, especially since they're all spending New Year's in Hawaii together - *G*)
-PHOTO OPS at the talks!!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! *cough* Yes, I do enjoy taking photos - surprised? And after all of this experience, I think I finally know how to do it right - so it's a shame to waste that experience... *G*
- California is a much nicer place to visit in the dead of winter than England is. Yes, I love the folks in England - but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do besides go to the panto. And what I love best about England is enjoying the countryside. Plus, I didn't get to Scotland on my last visit, and, face it - Scotland in January? *shudders* So I'm considering going to ORC instead and enjoy the sunshine - and schedule a trip this summer to England/Scotland. Preferably when and if Billy gets the theatre bug again and decides to do a play! *hopes hopes hopes*
Ummm... you probably didn't want this long of a reply, but, as you can see... I've been rather torn about this (pardon the pun) lately!
|Date:||November 10th, 2004 08:15 pm (UTC)|| |
Re: Random babbling from me...
Oh! And did I mention - Ewan McGregor in a MUSICAL. IN LONDON. IN JUNE. (another fringe benefit if I visit at that time of the year!)
Tough call. I've never met Ian, either. You need something to give you a final push one way or the other. Or something to convince you to stay home.
Will give this some thought and write when I get home from work tonight.
*G* Don't worry - but thanks for letting me spout! *G*